Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Why am I getting "results not found" from the existing dataset in a CRM Analytics Trailhead org?

If you just signed up a Trailhead Playground org with CRM Analytics provisioned to learn some CRMA skills, this post is about a somewhat baffling issue you might stumble upon when playing with what you're handed with.  Or in my case, I was going to use it for some simple demo and thought it's a great way to have some data to play with, without messing with any org I can access but shouldn't for the purpose.  

The learning org I got had a "salestest" app, which contains a whole bunch datasets already.  Perfect, let's use them to build stuff.  When I started exploring the datasets, however, I got this blank welcome: "No results found".

How could it be?  The dataset has 20+ rows based on what I see in the Data Manager.  Could it be permissions?  But I created the org and am the owner of everything.  Then I started to remember that CRMA uses somewhat more convoluted (or maybe flexible) way of managing permissions.  Better check the security predicate.  Lo and behold, all of them have some form of it.

 

I should still be the owner of things right?  Nope, the existing CRMA data in "salestest" are owned by a bunch of Chris Rileys and Laura Palmers, with role names like Sales WW and Sales EMEA.  So, no luck with any of the predicate matches.  

In the end, the solution for me was to go in and wipe out the predicates.  So, there's bound to be noobs like me who got confused for a while, and hopefully this ends up helping some of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment