Thursday, May 16, 2013

Evil build.properties file

Somebody out there help me please.  I just can't get the build.properties to work with  Force.com Migration Tool.  If I just edit the sample file with my credentials, it either gives "username cannot be an empty string", or the "locked out" error.  Somehow the referenced properties just don't work for build.xml.  Don't know why.

I could get the properties to work if I include them in build.xml:
<property name="sfpassword" value="XXXXXXXXX"/>
They can be referenced just fine.  So somewhere I'm not using the file= attribute right for the property tag.  Not an expert of Ant in the end.

I guess it's just fine with me.  Putting those properties outside of build.xml could be a dangerous proposition.  Making them reusable in build.xml is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment